收起左侧

[英文] 《Revenge》作者: - Arthur Porges【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-9-4 20:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
REVENGE By ARTHUR PORGES Hell may have no fury like a woman scorned but the fury of a biochemist scorned is just as great—and much more fiendish. I f the Syndicate is half as powerful as some people have claimed theyll murder me any day now.I object on principle to being killed by evil men for a good deed so maybe lynching by stupidones is preferable. I mean you and you—the suetheads who profited by my work but refusedyour help. Youve been yammering about narcotics for years—how drug addiction was spreadingreaching down even to your unmannerly spoiled brats who despise their parents and our venalsociety to the same degree. The stuff comes in by the ton across the Mexican border they growit for our benefit in Red China and a few friendly Asian countries dont mind exporting somenow and then either. In spite of heroic work by our small group of poorly financed narcoticsagents the flow of drugs cannot be halted. Oh you and your elected representatives made a lot of panicky moves to combat this threat. TheDepartment of Health Education and Welfare was given a new Bureau set up like the F.B.I.and headed by Myron P. Bishop a man trained by that distinguished expert on narcoticsAnslinger himself. But as to sensible solutions such as legalizing the sale of heroin tobreak the world-wide criminal control on the distribution of drugs—that your vapid Puritanmorality wouldnt permit. Millions of dollars for enforcement and to punish the sick but notone cent for prevention and almost nothing to find out why people become addicts in the firstplace and how to cure them. It wasnt entirely your fault. You listened to the expertsusually career policemen who expect to cure any social evil with clubs and prisons. I amreminded of the simpleton found measuring two horses with a tape in order to be able todistinguish the black one from the white. Until I came along nobody had ever reached the coreof the matter. You dont kill a flourishing plant—in this case an Upas Tree—by lopping off ahandful of leaves. You strike at the roots. Thats what I meant to do—and did—for yourbenefit. Oh I admit there were a
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-31 22:03 , Processed in 2.199938 second(s), 54 queries .