标题: 《Appeal 》作者:- Dana William Paxson【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-3-28 20:45
标题: 《Appeal 》作者:- Dana William Paxson【EPUB】
Appeal Dana William Paxson Insert Pic appeal.jpg Here I CLING TO A STEEL RIB with my two human hands and gape at these balls ofradiating rubber sticks the Ko Duessinach Marseein aliens each two meters acrossthe two hundred arms of each one whipping in a nonexistent breeze to a music oflight that comes from nowhere. How do they dance here without gravity’s anchor The walls turn thin andsun blooms into our Lagrange bubble where we welcome these refugees from whatthey called the Kaliari Expansions in the galactic interior. Here and there officialsfrom Earth most of them space-sick hang by strapholds. “We will dance for you” the Marseein promised five years ago as theirinterstellar trash-heap decelerated toward us. “Ridiculous” I said to Jedediah K. We laughed remembering the telecasts oftheir forms. Now they shrink together into a quivering heap of flaccid limbs. Jedediahclinging at my side elbows me. The light flashes purple the heap blows apart. Each of the Marseein flattens toa disk spinning sailing out at the bubble walls. They rebound as one becomingballs of limbs again. A giddy weaving begins. My head aches I see in my mind achild skewered on a bayonet. I shout “No” The Marseein spin and explode bounce and grip not once touching anythingbut minds. Beside me Jedediah curls into a ball his vomit floats before him. I shutmy eyes. A burning man beats at his own blackening clothes. A machine seizes himand gnaws away his limbs. The bubble’s light shifts and

欢迎光临 (http://zasq.net/zasqtest/2bbs/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2