收起左侧

[英文] 《The leaving Sweater》作者: - Ruth Nestvold 【EPUB】

[复制链接]

管理员 - 管理勋章超级版主 - 超级版主版主勋章 - 版主勋章

灰铜v1_03紫银v2_02绿金v1_01灰金v1_05绿银v1_01绿铜v3_01灵晶土豪紫铜v1_04紫铜v3_01

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2014-1-10 08:59 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
The Leaving Sweater By Ruth Nestvold 25 June 2007 Growing up in remote Rolynka, Alaska, in the middle of the last century, Victoria Askew never really learned the trick of how to leave. Leaving was not an easy thing to do on the Seward Peninsula. There was nothing within hundreds of miles except ocean and tundra and a few Eskimo villages and former gold-rush towns. The only way out was by plane or dogsled, and the latter, of course, only in the winter— not that Vicky had ever left that way. There were three hundred miles' worth of roads leading from Rolynka, but they all led in an incestuous circle from one small subarctic town to the next. Perhaps that was why leaving worked better with the leaving sweater. The leaving sweater was made of scraps of leftover red wool—many different shades of red. And many different qualities of yarn, from mohair to raw silk to cotton and linen mixes. And many different stitches, from ribbed to open work to waterfall to butterfly. Although it had been a decade now, Vicky could still remember watching her mother make it as a present for Vicky's high school graduation—before she was to go away to college. "I don't want to leave Rolynka," Vicky had said, her arms wrapped around her skinny legs as she watched the needles fly in her mother's hands and the strands of wool take shape. Knit two together, yarn forward, knit one, yarn forward, slip one, knit one, pass slip stitch over. "You have to if you want to get a college degree, Victoria." "What do I need a college degree for? Mr. Gunnarson's already offered me a full-time job at the Golden Nugget." Purl, slip one purlwise, purl seven. "Are you sure you want to be a waitress for the rest of your life?" Of course she didn't—what girl had "waitress" as life goal? But she didn't want to leave
插件设计:zasq.net

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋| ( Q群816270601 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 18:40 , Processed in 1.257763 second(s), 53 queries .